Amazon Multi-Channel Fulfilment (MCF) is an exciting and newly launched program in India that offers sellers an efficient and comprehensive solution for order fulfillment beyond the Amazon platform. With MCF, sellers can leverage Amazon’s extensive network of fulfilment centers and logistics capabilities to seamlessly fulfill orders from various sales channels, including their own websites and other e-commerce platforms.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into the key features, benefits, and the step-by-step process of using Amazon MCF to fulfill orders received through your own website, social media stores, offline retail locations, or other third-party e-commerce platforms.
What is Multi-Channel Fulfilment (MCF)
Amazon Multi-Channel Fulfilment (MCF) is an Amazon service empowering sellers to efficiently fulfill orders originating from their own websites or various sales channels while utilizing their existing FBA inventory. This service leverages Amazon’s extensive network of fulfilment centers for seamless storage, packing, and shipping of products to customers,
Key Features of Multi-Channel Fulfilment (MCF):
- Seamless Multi-Channel Integration: MCF allows sellers to seamlessly integrate their non-Amazon sales channels with Amazon’s fulfillment network, streamlining order processing.
- Single Inventory Management: Sellers can manage their entire inventory, including both Amazon and non-Amazon products, from a single source, simplifying operations.
- Vast Fulfillment Network: Leveraging Amazon’s extensive network of fulfillment centers, MCF provides fast and reliable order fulfillment for a broader customer base.
- Flexible Shipping Options: Sellers can offer their customers flexible shipping choices, including standard and expedited delivery, enhancing the shopping experience.
- Simplified Operations: MCF simplifies order fulfillment by allowing sellers to focus on their core business while Amazon handles picking, packing, and shipping.
- Low Fulfillment Costs: MCF offers cost-effective fulfillment options, reducing the overhead associated with storage and order processing.
- Fast, Reliable Delivery: With Amazon’s efficient logistics, MCF ensures timely and reliable delivery of orders to customers.
- Tracking and Transparency: Sellers and customers can track the progress of MCF orders, providing transparency and peace of mind.
- Seasonal Scalability: MCF enables sellers to handle seasonal spikes in demand without the need for additional resources or storage space.
Benefits of Multi-Channel Fulfillment
- Simplified Operations: MCF leverages Amazon’s logistics infrastructure, streamlining the fulfillment process and reducing the seller’s operational burden.
- Amazon’s Shipping Expertise: Sellers can tap into Amazon’s expertise in shipping and customer service to ensure orders are fulfilled promptly and accurately.
- Wider Reach: Sellers can expand their customer base by fulfilling orders from multiple sales channels, reaching customers who prefer to shop on different platforms.
- Cost Savings: Amazon’s shipping rates are often competitive, helping sellers reduce their expenses and maximize profitability by using MCF.
How Multi-Channel Fulfillment Works:
- Inventory Storage: Ship your inventory to Amazon’s fulfillment centers, or you can use your existing FBA inventory if applicable. Amazon will store your products until they are ready for fulfillment.
- Order Placement: Your customers place orders on any channel, such as an e-commerce marketplace, your offline store, a social media store, or your brand website.
- Create MCF Requests: You create a single MCF Fulfillment request or bulk MCF requests on Seller Central. MCF leverages your Fulfilment Center (FC) inventory to fulfill your MCF Requests.
- Pick, Pack, and Ship: Amazon’s system processes the MCF Requests, picks the products from your FC inventory, packs them, and ships them to your customers, regardless of the sales channel where the order originated.
Getting Started with Multi-Channel Fulfilment (MCF)
Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) sign-up is available for both new sellers and existing Amazon sellers who want to use Amazon’s fulfillment network to fulfill orders from non-Amazon sales channels. Here are the steps for both new sellers and existing Amazon sellers:
For New Sellers:
- Create an Amazon Seller Account: If you’re not already an Amazon seller, start by creating an Amazon Seller Account. You can do this by going to the Amazon Seller Central website and following the sign-up process.
- Set Up Your Amazon FBA Account: As part of the sign-up process or afterward, you’ll need to set up a Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) account. This is where you’ll manage your inventory and fulfillment settings.
- List Your Products: List the products you want to sell on Amazon. Make sure your product listings are complete and accurate.
- Enable Multi-Channel Fulfillment: In your Amazon Seller Central account, navigate to the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) settings. Look for the option to enable Multi-Channel Fulfillment. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up MCF for your account.
- Complete MCF Setup: Provide the necessary information and preferences for MCF, such as shipping and pricing settings. Be sure to review Amazon’s policies and fee structure for MCF.
- Start Using MCF: Once you’ve enabled MCF, you can start fulfilling orders from your non-Amazon sales channels using Amazon’s fulfillment network.
For Existing Amazon Sellers:
- Log In to Seller Central: If you’re already an Amazon seller, log in to your existing Amazon Seller Central account.
- Enable Multi-Channel Fulfillment: In your Seller Central account, navigate to the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) settings. Look for the option to enable Multi-Channel Fulfillment. If you haven’t enabled it already, follow the on-screen instructions to set up MCF for your account.
- Review and Adjust Settings: Review your MCF settings, including shipping and pricing preferences, to ensure they align with your business needs. Make any necessary adjustments.
- Start Using MCF: With MCF enabled, you can now start fulfilling orders from your non-Amazon sales channels using Amazon’s fulfillment network.
How to create MCF order
Creating a Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) order involves several steps for a seamless process. It’s important to note that Multi-Channel Fulfillment orders should be prepaid. Here’s a simplified and improved version of those steps:
- Access Seller Central: Begin by logging into your Amazon Seller Central account.
- Choose Fulfillment Type: Navigate to the “All Inventory” tab and select the “Fulfillment Type” as “Amazon.”
- Select Product: Input the ASIN or SKU of the product you want to fulfill.
- Choose SKU: From the available SKUs, select the one you wish to fulfill.
- Initiate Fulfillment Order: Click on “Create Fulfillment Order” from the dropdown menu. (For convenience, you can bookmark this link: MCF Order Creation Link)
- Complete Order Details: Fill in the following information on the order form:
- Customer Details (Provide the recipient’s shipping address. This should be the address where you want the order to be shipped.)
- Specify Ordered SKUs (Choose the specific products from your inventory that you want to fulfill through MCF. You may need to specify the product’s SKU, quantity, and any other necessary details.)
- Share Order Details (Your Internal Order ID or let Amazon generate one.)
- Select Shipping Speed (Select the desired shipping speed for the order. You typically have options like standard (3 to 5 business days) or expedited (1 to 2 business days) shipping, depending on your location and Amazon’s available services.)
- Review Order Details: Carefully review all the order details to ensure accuracy, including the recipient’s address, product quantities, and shipping speed.
- Choose Order Type: You can either place a direct order or set it on hold. To activate a hold order later, go to the “Manage Order” section.
- Cancellation Option: If needed, you can cancel an MCF order at any time before Amazon ships it. Alternatively, you can contact Amazon Seller Support for assistance.
- Track the Order: After successfully placing the MCF order, you can track the order’s progress through Seller Central. Amazon will provide updates on the Order Details page.
Following these steps should help streamline the process of creating Multi-Channel Fulfillment orders for your products.
When using Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF), you will incur fees based on the weight of each shipment sent as part of your MCF fulfillment request. Below is the rate card used to calculate the Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) fees in accordance with Amazon India’s pricing structure:
|Fee (INR) (exclusive of taxes)
|Up to 500 g
|Each additional 500 g (up to 1 kg)
|Each additional kg after 1 kg (up to 5 kg)
|Each additional kg after 5 kg
- The fees listed in the table above are exclusive of applicable taxes.
- Amazon will charge a 18% Goods and Services Tax (GST) on all MCF fees displayed above to comply with tax regulations.
- In specific categories, if the actual weight per unit is less than 1 kg and the volumetric weight is more than 2 times the actual weight, the billing weight is capped at 2 times the actual weight per unit. For detailed information on categories affected by this policy, please consult Amazon’s rate chart or reach out to Amazon Seller Support for specific guidance relevant to your products and shipments.
Amazon Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) is a game-changing service that empowers sellers in India and beyond to streamline their order fulfillment processes across various sales channels. By harnessing the extensive capabilities of MCF, both new and existing Amazon sellers can enhance their e-commerce operations and customer satisfaction.
MCF’s key features, such as seamless multi-channel integration, single inventory management, and a vast fulfillment network, offer sellers the tools they need to succeed in the competitive world of e-commerce. With flexible shipping options, simplified operations, and low fulfillment costs, MCF allows sellers to focus on growing their businesses while Amazon handles the logistics.
Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) FAQs
Who Will Arrange shipping for your MCF order?
Amazon will process the order, pick the items from your FBA inventory, pack them, and arrange for shipping.
Who will handle handle customer returns?
Keep in mind that for MCF orders, you will be responsible for handling customer returns according to your own return policies.
How fast is MCF shipping?
The speed of Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) shipping can vary depending on the shipping speed option you select when creating the MCF order and the location of the fulfillment center. Amazon India typically offers two main shipping speeds for MCF orders: Standard and Expedited. Here’s an overview of these shipping speeds:
Standard Shipping: The estimated delivery time for standard shipping is usually within 3 to 5 business days from the time the order is shipped.
Expedited Shipping: The estimated delivery time for expedited shipping is generally within 1 to 2 business days from the time the order is shipped.
How my customer can track MCF order?
Your Customers can conveniently track their Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) orders using the Swiship web portal as soon as order is dispatched .
Can I use MCF without selling on Amazon?
Yes, you can use Amazon Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) without selling on Amazon. MCF is a fulfillment service that allows businesses to store, pick, pack, and ship orders to customers from any sales channel, including your own website, other marketplaces, and brick-and-mortar stores.
To use MCF, you will need to create an Amazon Seller Central account and sign up for the MCF program. Once you are registered, you can send your inventory to Amazon fulfillment centers and start placing MCF orders.
How to activate MCF hold order ?
To activate a MCF hold order, simply follow these instructions:
• Access the “Manage Orders” section.
• In the search box, enter the MCF Order ID and click the “Search” button.
• Locate the Order ID link in the Order Details column.
• On the MCF Order Details page, click the “Ship this order” option.
What is the difference between Amazon FBA and MCF?
The key difference between Amazon MCF (Multi-Channel Fulfillment) and Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) is that MCF is designed for fulfilling orders from non-Amazon sales channels, whereas FBA is specifically tailored for fulfilling orders on Amazon’s own platform.
What is an MCF order?
An MCF order, short for “Multi-Channel Fulfillment order,” is a fulfillment request placed by a seller to Amazon. This request instructs Amazon to pick, pack, and ship a specific product or products from the seller’s inventory stored in Amazon’s fulfillment centers to a customer who has placed an order on a sales channel other than Amazon.